Monday, March 2, 2009

PC=No Sense of Humor?

Make my day.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/clint_eastwood_racism/2009/02/27/186750.html?s=al&promo_code=7B3B-1
Let it be known that I do not consider myself racist. Whether or not you, the dear reader, consider me racist, is another matter entirely. I can't help the opinions you form about me, because that is your right. I'm just letting you know that, my opinion of myself is that I'm not racist. I do not like the use of the "n" word. My daughter attends a school made up of 75% non-caucasians. I think every race has the same amounts of genius and idiocy. I think everyone is equal in the eyes of God. If you knew me, you would know I'm fairly quiet and laid back....unless I'm talking politics or watching a Steeler game.

However this PC thing, I feel, is a form of censorship...and it's, at times, one-sided. White people better never ever EVER make fun or say anything bad about any race. However, every other race has free rein to say WHATEVER they want, and we, the honkies, should laugh about it or shut up.

Don't even get me started on whether or not we say "Merry Christmas". You might as well say "Go to Hell!" and offend less people. A fond, heartfelt wish to someone now has top billing with "F-you." Seriously? I don't care your religion; I'm not trying to convert you by saying "Merry Christmas" I'm being nice and polite, a human being full of good cheer. Now, that I'm practically being forced to say "Happy Holidays", the good cheer is gone. Now, I'm just scared I'm going to offend someone.

This tiptoeing around everyone feelings, because we are so fragile! How did we get so fragile...so soft and vulnerable? When did we start taking ourselves so damn seriously? Trust me, I believe in equal rights. So, hey, call me a honkie! Wish me a happy "Eid-AlFitr"!

Just smile when you say it, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment